Sunday, November 2, 2008

Who is the best singer of them all??

I've been frequently visiting ktv pubs and outlets recently these few mths... No, i'm not trying to train myself up for the next Superstar but just that seems like majority of the folks I know love crooning....
Topping the list with the most numbers of sessions..... Angie & folks.... we met up almost every week at the Office Pub opp Vivo for a couple of hours....


Angie in action.
[等爱降落] was the impressive song she sang when we first started singing at the now still standing Siglap CC.. 10yrs later, her wait was not in vain... She's becoming Mrs Swee soon..

Emily.. I'm very in love with her version of [月半小夜曲].
And I hope she finds her happiness and forgets her problems soon..

From left to right:
Hairy Patrick does quite a good mimicking of [背叛]
Terry aka [小情歌] 王子, the next Jeff Chang if talent-scouted
"GayFren" Eric (what did he sing?)
Angie = a crazy fan on the loose

Next on the chart, my dearies and their Mr Rights, not very often when we got bitten by the singing bug...

Clockwise from top:
Ruyuan, my bestie of 20yrs, [阴天] is her signature item..
Lydia Angel never fails to touch me with her version of [叶子]
Geannie loves songs with high pitch notes like [香水有毒]
and that's me la.. no comments abt my sucky singing la.. hehhe..



From right to left:
Jarrod aka Anpan - whom I entrusted Ruyuan to after 10yrs of long run
Ben -what more can I say of this man leh? Geannie had made the definite right choice
Colin - we all think he and Lydia are a matchmake in Heaven

Coming close on third place are my two paternal cousins... Linda and Kelvin..


With me living accessibly near to PartyWorld Loyang and KBox @ E!Hub, I get the occasional wkend calls of asking if I would want to go sing K with them... Being a whole 6yrs and 10yrs older than these 2 fellas, I thought there will be a generation gap when selecting songs but I was wrong... We sang "Wont' go home without you" and "Yesterday Once More" together without a bat of an eyelid... and so it's proven la, what stupid gen gap??

....Age is just a number....


Last but not least at all:- my current, ex colleagues and their spouses... We gather like once every 2-3mths to "yell" our work stresses off.....

From left to right:
Joe - 天下第一好男人, he loves to sing 黎明and 张学友's songs but sound neither like any..
Adrian - The most popular guy in our co.. he has got 黎明's voice but likes to sing 陈奕迅's song... A weird combi??!!
Clarice - The love of Adrian. Watch out, here our Singapore's version of 张韶涵.
Lay Ying - Our ex-colleague, she was the one who enlightened me what is the meaning of power singing, especially for [对的人]
Missing from this pic are Angeline (Joe's wife) and Bernard (LY's hubby) who couldn't make it to the latest session due to personal commitments.