after reading so much of Angie's blog, I decided to start one of my own... on this lazy Wed arvo at 4.50pm alone at home, a day after my 27th birthday. Okay, the big 3 is just 1094days away and instead of looking forward to it, I'm going backwards to look at what i've done for the past 26yrs..
There's not much of a memory for the first ga-ga years except that I punched a boy classmate in the eye for being very irritating in kindergarten and dat was the deepest impression i had of myself in the pink checked PAP uniform. Since then, I knew I was different from the other girls... I'm not someone to be trifled with.. LOLx! Probably that's e reason why I wasn't the belle in school throughout the following 10yrs in uniform as I don't have the looks, figure nor tweety voice.. The chinadoll hairstyle which my mum made me wore doesn't help and it only looks weird for a girl who joined NCC as an ECA.. I always thought I'm the odd one out but then I realised there was someone else just like me... Not the cutie-pie which men would drool for but with a heart full of gold like me... For someone whom I've known for 20yrs now, and our friendship still going strong.. *Praise the lord* muahahahaha... I'll write about her in my next blog, but right now it's just abt me and my life.. So school wasn't that bad... results wise were a mixture of blacks and reds... kekeke.. but i got a few medals in interschool netball, inter-class basketball tournaments and chinese calligraphy... The CC medal especially made my dad glimped with pride, for he always emphasized that we as Chinese must know how to write and speak good Mandarin... and boy, that was a typical cina uncle thinking..
Life after sec 4 was pursuing a Dip in Eln at TP where I made a couple of good friends, of whom some I am still keeping in very good contacts with... (dearies i referred them).. For the first time in my life, I got a taste of being mistaken for a boy with my super duper short hair and also repeating a term.. this was nothing glorious to talk about but then, the only thing i'm proud of during that period was the bunch of dearies i befriended in my new class.. We were all repeat students who failed a particular subj for that silly term.. i can't remember what subj was that though.. heheh.. no medals or special moments to make my parents proud but at least i made sure that I passed each term with good grades...
The following 2yrs were spent mostly in Brisbane where I was reading my EE degree, life without parents was indeed different.. no hot meals to look forward going home to and no mom's nagging to get me off my bed on weekends morning or for returning home only at dawn, I was ALL ALONE doing my own laundry and preparing dinner with the owl hooting outside at nite... No Home Alone adventures to my dismay.. Hehhe.. But luckily, I have my godparents just 40mins drive away fr me at Sunnybank.. If I ever really needed any help, it's always readily available in the next room or next estate where my fellow Sg classmates stayed.. The proudest moment for this period of time was when I walked up the stage to collect my degree where the Dean shook my hand and said "congrats" and i knew my godfather was among the audience looking at me, Ms Ee-Wen Seow... hahhaha... **gleaming with pride**
At age 23, I came home with a Degree in one hand and a baby in tow.... alrite, I'm only kidding about the latter and I'm glad I didn't have one tagging along.. I saw this imaginary banner from afar the moment I stepped into the arrival hall at T2.. "Welcome home to the REAL world, Gwen" The 1st few mths back home were really miserable, still living off my parents and sending out loads of resumes... doing part-time at VideoEzy.. The only perks i got was getting to watch free movies.. At the time, I had regretted not posting earlier while still in Brissy, instead scooting off on a roadtrip in Victoria.. Into my 6th mth at VE, I was finally offered a FT job as ISS in REL... 3yrs on, I had moved on internally doing other stuffs and gaining recognition for the efforts I put in.. Coming to my 4th yr now and looking back, I'm glad I went on that roadtrip. If I didn't, probably I would either be stuck in a s*****y company or already into my #X job.
With 26yrs gone, probably it's time I start making plans for myself le.. But, what should I do leh??