Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm a modern independent woman..

met up with Geannie and Ben for dinner at Fish & Co a couple of days back, it was the same day we attended Colin's dad funeral wake (RIP, uncle). Before we even reach Fish & Co, Ben said he will pay for the dinner and before I can react, Geannie said "aiya, u tell her now she will ask "why treat?? why can't i pay for my share?"" Haha.. that's exactly what I wanted to say...

Why do women need to be portrayed as the weaker sex? Why on earth do I need someone to pay for my meal when I have my own money to spend? Special occasions, like pay raise or promotions or birthdays are exceptional.. I work to earn my own income and spend it my way.. I don't need men to buy me drinks when I club.. I don't need anyone to send me home after a date.. I prefer to go dutch on outings..

and yes, I AM A MODERN INDEPENDENT WOMAN... hahahah