This happened a couple of weeks back... For someone who doesn't have an active social life like me, weekends would usually be homebound... (can someone date me please?? haha) So while over a typical dinner with my parents, we were talking about my 2 elder siblings who didnt make it back home in time that day when they slowly changed the topic focusing on me instead...
mum: so how come u are home today?
me: hello? i'm always home on Sundays leh if u did take notice of it..
dad: shouldn't u be out dating?
me: pa, if i have a date.. i won't be having dinner here ALONE with u guys...
dad: probably he isn't free today?
me: ya, might as well assume that he isn't free every single weekend?
mum: so do u have a bf now??
me: no la... coming 5yrs liao.. no have no have... no one wants ur baby girl.. if there is any taker, i will tell u.. no worries...
dad: u sure? u are the most outgoing among ur siblings..
mum: ya la.... always say not coming home for dinner on Fridays especially..
me: outgoing so?? must meet the right one then can leh... dun worry abt me la... gor & jie not married too... rush them la... why me??
mum: aiya.... dun u know the meaning of "步步高升" meh? start from bottom mah, so u will settle down first...
I went speechless when I heard that... no point continuing this conversation, I just want to finish my dinner.. hahah.. sometimes, I really felt bad for letting these 2 folks down in terms of relationship... They had pinned their hopes on me to carry on the next generation but I failed.... I hope to find my happiness soon too but..... Anyway, if Mdm Tan is accurate, I might be able to bring them some good news this year... When?? No one knows.....