Sunday, December 14, 2008

Being a Bridesmaid is tough too...

Everyone had thought being a bridesmaid is better than a bestman...
Says who??? We didn't......
This was my 2nd time being a jiemei & a 1st for the rest of the ladies....
and the lucky bride is none other than our cute cute Roanna aka Xiaomei...
No doubt we had prepared gruesome stuff for the brothers who are total strangers to us but they had their day too.... why??
i've wanted to upload the express edit but the file is too large, so I did a screen capture to summarize instead...
Searching the fridge for the things that we bought the nite before


Shumei, pretty chief chef @ work

The rest of the pretty jiemeis helping out
The 'tasty' morning breakfast done

and we were all ready to take on the men.....
Here comes the groom

and his first task...
enough of him blasting sad songs from Shin when we were back in Bris
this time he had to sing a love song for his wife who is up on the 4th floor
"Forever Love" - Wang Lee Hom

Alfred & his bestmen (best meh?)

First nego in progress...
Sharon kept chanting we want all the ang pows
This bestman claimed that we said he's ugly..
since he had the upper say as all the angpows were with him..
though we don't recall any of us saying that..
But errmm.... since he said so.. then yes he is UGLY..

OK, this was where all the crazy scuffling began...
We actually forgot to latch the padlock after letting Alf's sis into the house..
and i'm actually the culprit!!!!
I should have locked them out in the 1st place.
sorry babes!
Come to think of it, it was pretty scary...
I was stucked between both sexes...
holding on tightly to the gate with all my bloody strength...
6 femmes vs 8 guys
High pitched screams "ahhHH!!" on my left..
Deep loud voices "chiong ahh!!" on my right..
I nearly went deaf... hahhahaha..
and the only statement I can hear clearly was from Kris yelling..
"Gwen!! Get out, we'll close the door!!!"
and to get out, I have no choice but to use the ultimate strength I have left
and elbowed the brother in the chest who was nearest to me.. :p
**Sorry dude, whoever u are
After that, they even tried to push the door open..
Sharon and I tried to force the gate back but the guyz were pulling it out..
To make them let go.. I had to pull the "metal teeth" stunt
So, I bit the first available arm hard enough to make him release his grip..
It worked and there was one more hand...
A taller guy I suppose as I remembered biting on his upper arm..
**apologies to both of them..
Shumei looking thru the peephole to make sure everything's alrite.
Finally all settled, gate was pushed back to normal locked state..
And it's confirmed locked before the door was re-opened again..
As time's running out, we had to fasten the pace... doing everything at the same time
4 chosen bestmen by Alfred
1st up with full make up.
he's such a pretty boy, isn't he??
hahahaha

next up, if Gino from Boiler Room were to see him like this,
he would have asked him was it his mum or dad who did it with a reindeer.... kekeke...

3rd, a bikini-clad dude.. This chap is irritating enough to piss anyone off..
He simply disappeared after wearing it..

Last but not least, a flamboyant dancing bestman..
who had tried to snatch a kiss from Sharon..

Angry bridesmaids... who were they pointing at??

The "Mao" game..

Thanks to the dude who ran down 4 levels to his car and back up to contribute the coins to us..
*his id remained mysterious.. but I know he's someone who frequents Thailand cos I found Thai baht in it when I did the counting...

The 4 flavors dishes were supposed to be served separately but since the guys deliberately dragged the time.. we had our back up plan too..

The ultimate body cleansing "Breakfast Shake"

First SniffSecond sniff"Dah ah!!"
Kudos to this bestman who was so courageous

The leftover raw mini bittergourd with mayo, fresh garlic and mustard

How's the taste??? Why the whole piece??I thought reindeer eat greens?
apparently this one doesn't as he only took a small bite...

Next up... The pole dancing with Alfred as the human pole..
Background music was "Buttons" by The Pussycat dolls..

Finally got the bikini dude back in the pic...
Observe enough, he was just right there hiding swaying his ass to the music..

Having fun with Alfred..
Throw him a dollar for his act..

But then within a split second, I became their pole instead..

Had their fun.. It's time to open the door..
Apparently, the money wasn't enough... But it's ok..
We did it all for fun only though Lee Lee looked like she's disappointed..
(fact is, she's not.. it's only a camera trick..)
hahahhaha....

So here comes the 3rd son-in-law for the Yang familyOops, not yet..
Alfred had to sign a pre-nuptial agreement which we had specially designed..
Witnessed by the happy Uncle Yang aka his father-in-law

Finally he got to open the bedroom door where his anxious bride was waiting..

A happy couple who hadn't seen each other for 24hours only..First kiss of the day..
many more to come in the evening.

Receiving the congratulatory blessings from all of us..
This angpow bestman was heard telling Alfred happily that he had helped to save 3 angpows..

But hey dude, if u ever get to read my blog..
I just wanna tell u...
Yes, u had helped to saved Alfred's money but u forgot to help him save his face which is the most important to him... :)

So who's the ultimate winner of this crazy battle?? We ladies are~~ :D