You were the first person I spoke to in class on first day of school as we sat next to each other..
You were the first person I scolded for being so talkative while I tried to listen to our lecturer's self-introduction..
You were also the first person whom I looked up to as a brotherly figure..
You listened to all the woes I had and teased me about the guy I liked...
We hung out with the rest after school and during lunch.. It was fun to have you around, that's how I remember those days..
But since 2001, things changed.. Things made worse with all the EPLs and World Cup betting... Gradually, we start to become distant and don't meet up anymore even though we stayed in the same district..
Busy with work was the excuse we had for not meeting up...
Each time I asked how are you.. Your reply would be that you are fine.. Asked when you are getting hitched so that I can attend your wedding... You said no money and chance... You said you were waiting for me to get married first so you can attend my wedding...
The last msn chat we had was only last week, I remembered.. Because you suddenly asked if I am still in contact with Catherine and wanted to add her in FB.. We still joked that you are still having feelings for her after so long..
That was the last I heard from you..
And today, I got an update about you... from the newspaper... found in the waters near Changi Sailing Club...
Why did you chose to end your life this way, I'm not sure and you can't give us an answer anymore.. I hope justice will be served on the ones who made you do this...
All I can do now is to hope that you've found peace wherever you are right now..
Rest In Peace, Weisen.. You will be missed..